28 July, 2021
On Tuesday 27 July the Victorian Premier announced that a range of restrictions would be eased across the state of Victoria from 11:59pm Tuesday 27 July.
Following meetings between the HFNL Executive and all member club presidents the HFNL are pleased to announce the following:
- All Saturday Competitions will resume this weekend – 31 July (Round 11)
- All Sunday Competitions will resume this weekend – 1 August (Round 12)
- All matches will be subject to COVID-19 Restrictions as set by the Victorian Government, in addition to any further guidelines from AFL Victoria and/or Netball Victoria.
By way of clarity, the following is the current restrictions for community sport as per the Victorian Government’s updated table of restrictions:
- Open for all ages, training and competition. Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies
- Limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. players, coaches)
- Spectators not allowed (excludes people necessary for events such as teachers, instructors, trainers, coaches, umpires, carers, parents and guardians)
- Travel restrictions lifted
All other current COVID-19 restrictions must be adhered to such as face coverings, which must be worn indoors and outdoors except if an exemption applies. Exemptions include persons who are engaged in any strenuous physical exercise (eg. football and netball players). The HFNL will await updated return to play protocols from AFL Victoria and/or Netball Victoria before advising on any further conditions (eg. use of changerooms etc).
The HFNL would like to thank all member clubs for their commitment in facilitating a resumption of HFNL football and netball. We recognise that these conditions are challenging, and encourage the entire HFNL community to respect and support the many volunteers and officials who are working hard to provide opportunities for football and netball to be conducted safely.
The HFNL will continue to monitor announcements and advice from the Victorian Government and other relevant bodies and provide further updates as appropriate following consultation with member clubs.