The Association have had a busy few months as the committee work hard behind the scenes to enable course opportunities to be ran.
First AID and CPR Course
We continue our great relationship with Pulse CPR for the third year in a row. A business ran locally in Warrnambool allowing sports trainers and club official’s the opportunity to complete their First AID or yearly CPR.
This is offered yearly and we look forward to planning the 2024 dates when the committee meets.
Sports Trainers Course Level 1
After a few years of Covid 19 it was great to finally get a sports trainers course ran locally again. We seen 58 sports trainers from across multiple leagues participate in the sports trainers’ course that were ran in two different sessions.
Why it is important for sports trainers to complete and refresh their sports trainers certificate every 3 years?
- They are kept up to date with any changes that may have occurred during the 3 years
- Helps refresh skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to network with other sports trainers and much more
What did the Sports trainers certificate Level 1 include?
- Roles and responsibilities of the sports trainer
- Emergency planning and Crisis management
- Concussion and medical conditions
- On field Assessment
- Safe Practice
- Soft tissue injuries, assessment and management
- Stretcher procedures
- Basic strapping techniques (thumb, fingers, wrists, ankle, knee, plantar fasciitis, Achilles)
Who is able to complete a sports trainers Level 1?
We encourage as many people to have current first aid and CPR in the community Football and netball. Also encourage anyone who assist a club, interested in becoming a sports trainer or is a current sport trainer to complete the sports trainer level 1 certificate.
Interested in a sports trainers level 1 course pre-season in 2024?
There is a list currently being taken and the people will be advised when and what dates the sports trainer’s course in 2024 will run. Contact Samantha to put your name on the list.
- Planning is underway for our AGM. Keep an eye out
For information please contact Samantha 0419026171
Proudly Supported by: The Flying Horse, Warrnambool – Pulse CPR – Star Printing
Email: email@example.com | Facebook page: South West Trainers