10 August, 2021
On Monday 9 August the Victorian Premier announced that a range of restrictions would be eased across Regional Victoria from 11:59pm Monday 9 August.
This was welcome news for all regional Victorians, and following meetings between the HFNL Executive and all member club presidents, the HFNL can confirm the following:
- All Saturday Competitions will resume this weekend – 14 August (Round 12)
- Semi Finals for the Sunday Competitions will be played this Sunday 15 August (as per plans that have been previously announced) at the Ridley Recreation Reserve.
- All matches will be subject to COVID-19 Restrictions as set by the Victorian Government, in addition to any further guidelines from AFL Victoria and/or Netball Victoria.
As per previous announcements, it remains the intent of the HFNL to commence finals for Saturday competitions on 28 August, 2021.
By way of clarity, the following is the current restrictions for community sport as per the Victorian Government’s updated table of restrictions:
- Open for all ages, training and competition.
- Only the minimum number of participants (players, coaches, referees, officials, and carers or parents) needed to train or compete are permitted to attend, subject to a density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqm.
- Spectators are not permitted (excludes people necessary for events such as teachers, instructors, trainers, coaches, umpires, carers, parents and guardians)
Please note additional restrictions/conditions may be applicable based on further advice from AFL Victoria/Netball Victoria.
All other current COVID-19 restrictions must be adhered to such as face coverings, which must be worn indoors and outdoors except if an exemption applies. Exemptions include persons who are engaged in any strenuous physical exercise (eg. football and netball players). The HFNL will await updated return to play protocols from AFL Victoria and/or Netball Victoria before advising on any further conditions. The HFNL will also communicate further details about the arrangements for Junior Finals this Sunday (15 August) through clubs when this is available.
The HFNL would like to once again, thank all member clubs for their commitment in facilitating a resumption of HFNL football and netball. We recognise that these conditions are challenging, and encourage the entire HFNL community to respect and support the many volunteers and officials who are working hard to provide opportunities for football and netball to be conducted safely.
The HFNL will continue to monitor announcements and advice from the Victorian Government and other relevant bodies and provide further updates as appropriate following consultation with member clubs.